- Define appropriate delivery model for customer project as a composition of pre-defined services, on-site and/or remote delivery
- Scope and estimate the engagement
- Determine required resources for the project
- Understand and be able to deliver according to the SAP delivery models – e.g. ability to engage local, near-shore and off-shore teams for most efficient delivery of project, ability to coordinate project delivery across organizational boundaries including participation of SAP ecosystem partners.
- Assess, document and communicate risk for the engagement
- Position SAP Activate as the delivery methodology for customer engagement, program or project.Delivery
- Conduct project planning activities and manage the execution of projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, initiating to closing…)
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress, risks and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Ensure proper use of SAP Activate methodology, tools and procedures
- Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives and that this governance is operating effectively.
- Provide oversight over the end-to-end SAP engagement where required. Bring together siloes and ensure overall delivery accountability exists.
- Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
- Experience in delivering SAP primed Fixed Price Projects (FPP) or Time and Material (T&M) engagements.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope early and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance. Ensure quality forecasting is conducted to understand accurate financial position.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Escalate issues early about the project to account management or delivery management.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Plan and execute formal Quality Gate process following the Q-Gate approach in SAP Activate methodology.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
- Engage with SSP or SSL if applicable to ensure P&L targets and KPI’s are achieved. Closely collaborate with SSP or SSL in project delivery related topics.